Covid 19 Policy Updates
Coronavirus COVID-19 Policy – Updated 3-24-2020
San Antonio “Stay Home, Work Safe” Order Update
As you may have heard, our Mayor has issued an emergency order that directs residents to shelter at home with the exception of crucial errands and job duties effective Tuesday 3/24/2020 at 11:59 PM. Included in this order is a list of industries that are considered essential and are exempt from the order. Commercial construction is listed as an essential industry. Therefore, we will continue operations as usual but we must take the necessary precautions listed below to ensure everyone’s health and well-being.
Best Preventive Measures
- Hand-washing with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds) regularly.
- Social distancing, do your best to stay at least 6′ from other people when out in public.
- Avoid all large gatherings.
- Avoid all unnecessary travel. We urge you to postpone or cancel any planned travel, especially by air. Anyone traveling by air will be subject to 14 days of quarantine upon return to work.
- If you are sick, DO NOT COME TO WORK! If others around you appear sick, inform a supervisor. If you are a supervisor, ask anyone showing signs of illness to GO HOME.
Symptoms of the COVID 19 virus (If you exhibit any of these, you will need to contact a physician or an urgent care clinic immediately)
- Persistent dry cough
- Difficulty breathing
It is a good idea to postpone/cancel non-essential doctor and/or dental visits. It is also a good idea to have any needed prescriptions refilled verbally by your physician now.
As we continue to receive daily updates from legislative authorities, we will continue to communicate what they mean for us. However, in order to avoid unnecessary contact with others, this will be the last printed memo sent out to employees. Please check our website (www.m-mcontracting.com) for any updates going forward. It is imperative that each and every person take the necessary precautions to ensure this virus becomes contained. We are all in this together.